Sunday, September 10, 2006

Response from author of Pharmacist article (below) This is the response I received from Mitch Mitchel, who was kind enough to respond to my inquiries regarding his article. (I wrote to him yesterday and he responded today.)
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your questions. Doctors and other health care professionals, I have been assured, have the ability to refuse to perform or to participate in the performance of abortions. This is the basic procedure that people were talking about in the story.
Mississippi enacted a sweeping statute that went into effect in July that allows health care providers, including pharmacists, to not participate in procedures that go against their conscience. South Dakota and Arkansas already had laws that protect a pharmacist's right to refuse to dispense medicines. Ten other states considered similar bills this year.
Thank God I live in California. I assume the ten other states either voted down the bills or decided not to vote on them at all. More tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

South Dakota and Arkansas already have legislation protecting the right to a pharmacist refuse to dispense medicines. Ten states considered similar bills this year.ear.

translation service

11:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mississippi law provided a wide that went into effect in July that allows health care providers such as pharmacists, who do not participate in practices that are contrary to their conscience. South Dakota and Arkansas have laws protecting the right of a pharmacist to refuse to give up drugs.

bodyshops

11:07 PM  
Blogger Kamaljit said...

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I really have enjoyed your well-written articles. I have bookmarked this site and will definitely be checking back for new posts.
lipoaspiração não invasiva

4:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

South Dakota and Arkansas already have laws protecting a pharmacist refuses to dispense drugs. Ten states considered similar bills this year.ear.

remedios artritis

2:13 PM  
Blogger denialjohnn said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I like this post very much. I glad to read this.

3d movie player software

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home